The Historic Yellow House was built circa 1820. The brick bee hive root cellar is still deep in the basement lined with huge granite walls. The house descended through one family for most of it’s life. Primarily known through much of the 20th century as the Brummitt House by many of the locals, it was originally the Pickering Homestead and transcended through the Rollins and on to the Brummitt’s and Parkhurst Family. The house was split, divided, moved, expanded, reduced and loved as needed.
In October 2007 the house caught fire causing extensive damage. A complete inside out restoration was completed in 2008 and 2009. It is currently home to 5 families and Dragonflies Antiques in the barn.